16TH JULY,1943 - 21ST NOVEMBER,2015.
Mr. P.S. Bindra is a builder by profession, he takes a very active part and keen interest in Social and Cultural activities and his contribution is highly appreciated by all concerns. He is also associated with a number of social organisations; to name a few
1) Vice President of Gurudwara GURU NANAK DARBAR, Sher-e-Punjab Society, Andheri (E) from last 10 years. Next aim now is to construct a Dharmshala for needy persons who are coming to Mumbai.
2) Trustee and Hon. Secretary of Sher-e-Punjab Gymkhana and Health Club for more than 12 years and under whose leadership and guidance Sher-e-Punjab Gymkhana was completed.
3) Chairman of Gurunanak English High School, Sher-e-Punjab from last 20 years. Next aim is to expand the school and to construct a new multi storey building to help people in the area for better education.
4) Trustee, Treasurer and the brain behind Matoshree Sports Complex at JV Link Road, Andheri(E), which is having maximum amenities than any other club in Mumbai and is one of the Masterpiece of good Architectural design and work.
5) Elected Chairman of Sher-e-Punjab Society which is having 305 buildings.
On account of all these Social activities, Mr. Bindra is well-renowned in his area for which he devotes a lot if his time. He is always at the disposal of poor and needy persons in giving them a helping hand in times of their crisis or difficulties. He believes that the money is not the criteria in the life of human being and therefore Mr. Bindra always says:
“GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP OTHERS”
Due to these activities he has won many social awards to name a few
1) Winner of Rashtriya Nirman Ratn Award from Delhi
2) Gaurav of India award
3) Best Citizen award
4) Sikh Pride award in Mumbai